Stuff to click on

Sunday, November 5

Book

The rules:

1. Grab the nearest book.
2. Open to page 123.
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post the text of the next four sentences on your blog along with these instructions.

So... I admit it. I like kids' books. And not just "Harry Potter". I like novellas, and other "juvenile fiction". I grew up with Ramona, Fudge, and Harold (and his purple crayon). I dreamed of attending Sweet Valley High or living in a "Little House" with Ma, Pa, Laura and Mary. I especially love picture books. (Ever read, David Gets In Trouble?) That doesn't mean I don't read and enjoy "grown up" books... there is just something comforting about kids' books to me. (And we seem to have an unending supply of them around!)

I picked up Flipped (by Wendelin Van Draanen) at the kids' school book fair. It is a fun, fast read.

That evening my mother announced that the Bakers would be over Friday night at six o'clock; that the menu included poached salmon, crab risotto, and fresh steamed vegetables; and that none of us had better weasel out of being there. My dad muttered that if we were really going to do this, it would be a whole lot better to barbecue because at least that way he'd have something to do, but my mom positively smoked him with her eyes and he dropped it.

So. They were coming.


Via Jen Pondo

2 comments:

Jennifer (ponderosa) said...

I like kids books too, but it's been awhile since I did more than re-read one I already had in the house.

Jen said...

I re-read often too... but luckily all the kids are of "reading age" now so I just skim their read's.