Stuff to click on

Thursday, July 5

Scones


It's always good to have something around to snack on when it's a holiday. I saw Rachael Ray whip up a batch of these on her show last week. They turned out extremely light and tasty. Yummm... I will be making these again! Here is my "spin" on her recipe.



Black Pepper & Asiago Cheese Scones
2 rounded cups Bisquick
1 t sugar
2 t coarsely ground black pepper
1/2 (to 3/4) c cream
pinch salt
pinch cloves
1 t cardamom
1+ c grated asiago cheese
1 egg, beaten with a splash of water

Preheat oven to 375. Combine Bisquick, pepper, 1/2 c cream, salt, cloves, cardamom, and cheese. Add more cream if necessary. Knead for 10 seconds to form dough ball. Make 8 loose piles of the dough on a nonstick cookie sheet. Brush tops with egg wash. Sprinkle with a little sugar. Bake for 12-15 minutes (high altitude).

2 comments:

Elise Michaels Media said...

Cardamom and cloves - nice touch! I'll give these a try as soon as it cools down enough to bake again. Thanks for sharing, Jen!

Jen said...

I loooove cardamom... it's my favorite spice!