Stuff to click on

Saturday, November 3

Clean

I like my house to be tidy. Not sterile, just... somewhat clean. This particular character flaw flies in direct conflict with another.

I don't put things away when I am done with them.

And unfortunately no one else in the house does, either. So here I am on a Saturday morning, looking around in despair. Where did all this junk come from? Why is there not a SINGLE cordless phone on a hook. For that matter where are the cordless phones? Remotes for TV, DVD, Wii, and who knows what else are spread across the living room. Miscellaneous shoes and bike helmets are everywhere else. Halloween candy wrappers are underfoot, under chairs, and under... where?

So today we are going to clean. I am going to reinforce the rule that "kid stuff goes in kids' rooms." I will remind everyone that trash (like the Halloween candy wrappers) belongs in the garbage can, and your dishes get rinsed out and go in the sink (but only if it doesn't fit in the dishwasher).

And then I will remind myself of the same things.

No comments: