Stuff to click on

Saturday, November 10

Rollin...

Before tonight, I had never been to roller derby. Same went for Stinky. Scott, being old (old guys rule!), remembers watching it on TV. So he, and a couple of other friendly spectators kept us in the loop so we (sort of) knew what was going on.

Stinky's impression: It's loud. It's real loud.

That kid is going to be in trouble the first time he sets foot in a nightclub. Good thing that's more than a few years away.

My impression: It's fun to watch, but complicated. I am hooked on the silly in between stuff they have during baseball games and other sporting events. Yeup, give me a good chicken dance and I will be happy! There is none of that in roller derby - they are way to serious for any chicken dancing nonsense. Which is saying a LOT for girls wearing black-and-pink corsets. So it was a little mentally exhausting for me. But darn, those roller girls work hard. Especially the ref skating around the outer boundary. She was FAST!

Will we go again? Possibly. We'll see....

No comments: