Stuff to click on

Sunday, April 19

Light of Hope

Today I participated in the CASA "Light of Hope" 5k with Shannon and Fawn (well, for the first leg then she left us in the dust...). Shannon and I did our "regular" Couch to 5k workout rather than kill ourselves trying to run the whole way. One of my big goals is don't get hurt... which is sometimes easier said then done. Especially when you are a klutz like me.

So we didn't set any land-speed records... but we did finish in under 40 minutes. Not bad, considering 5 weeks ago I was winded after running for one short minute. Now a five minute leg is a breeze... and eight minute legs aren't so bad either! Training is going pretty well and it's definitely been helpful that friends joined in. On the days I just don't feel in the mood, I go anyways. And I pretty much always feel good about it! I can already see a big change in my mood and my body shape. My "fat pants" fall down, and some clothes I haven't worn for a while are starting to fit again. It feels pretty darn good to put those on, I tell ya!

Next up is the Salmon Run 5k on May 2nd... I don't know if I'll be up for running the whole distance but it'll be a good experience and I'm looking forward to it!

2 comments:

Deby said...

Good for you guys! I'm sure you'll be surprised at how much farther you go at your next 5K.

Elise Michaels Media said...

I am so proud of you both! I truly wish I had started with you.