Stuff to click on

Tuesday, January 4

Ten

Cribbed from Jen Pondo.

1. What did you do in 2010 that you’d never done before?

I participated in a sprint triathlon. That means swim, bike, then run. I can't make this stuff up! I was glad when it was over and will probably never do it again. Quite possibly the most terrifying, painful, emotional, and adrenaline-fueled experiences in my whole life.

Aside from that whole giving birth thing, that is...

I also canned (pickles, beans, peaches, jam, etc.) and made tamales.


2. Did you keep your new year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year?

I'm not really a resolution person, more of a periodic goal setter. I do plan to run in a half marathon this year though.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?

Yes! Hooray for other people's adorable babies.

4. Did anyone close to you die?

No, but many friends lost someone close to them.

5. What countries did you visit?

Just the good ol' U S of A.

6. What would you like to have in 2011 that you lacked in 2010?

Time to play with my kids.

7. What dates from 2010 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?

May 3.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?

The days that I spent with my grandpa while he was recovering from some health problems. He was one of my childhood heroes and it was good for us to have that time together again... Just the two of us.

9. What was your biggest failure?

That's a whole other blog post that I will never write. Basically it's something that I have come to terms with. I can't change it, I can just deal with it graciously. Water off a duck's back and all that jazz.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?

Yes. I hurt my shoulder somehow in August. They couldn't figure out what was wrong. Finally I had a steroid injection followed by PT. Best guess (from the folks that know about that type of thing) is that I tore the labrum which caused bursitis. All I know is it really hurt!!

11. What was the best thing you bought?

Trail shoes and a Nike+ sensor.

12. Where did most of your money go?

Feels like: Milk for the kids, gas for the car, yarn.

Actually: mortgage, car payment, yarn.

13. What did you get really excited about?

Cooking and baking. Learning to knit. Breaking my sewing machine.

14. What song will always remind you of 2010?

Peaches, by The Presidents of the United States of America

15. Compared to this time last year, are you:

– happier or sadder? Happier
– thinner or fatter? Thinner
– richer or poorer? Who the hell knows?

16. What do you wish you'd done more of?

Traveling.

17. What do you wish you'd done less of?

Worrying about things I can't change.

18. How did you spend Christmas?

At home with my husband and kids, cat and dog. And someone else's dog. And my husband's family. All in my house at once.

It was fun. Everyone got along well (we usually do) and we had a good time together.

19. What was your favorite TV program?

Hawaii Five-0. (Shaddap!)

20. What were your favorite books of the year?

How to Cook Everything (iPhone edition)

21. What was your favorite music from this year?

I was happy about the new CAKE album. Bummed that U2 cancelled the show we were supposed to go to but looking forward to trying again in June.

22. What were your favorite films of the year?

You probably get this a lot ... Is this the actual Caesars Palace? Did Caesar really live here?

Tigers like pepper. They don't like cinnamon.

23. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?

Thirty six. Poo party, Beer Run, and other mayhem with family and friends. Bliss!

24. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?

I wish the website was done, already!

25. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2010?

Huh? I wore clothes and most of the time my socks matched. Isn't that enough?!

26. What kept you sane?

The RHPB and my girlfriends. Ignite Bend.

27. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2010.

Let it be.

No comments: