Stuff to click on

Wednesday, August 16

Orzo

I love Italian food. I love to cook it, I love the way it smells, and best of all I love to eat it! Unfortunately not everyone in the house is a tomato fan, so it can be challenging to find recipes that the whole family enjoys.

Which brings me to Orzo.

Orzo is a small, grain-shaped pasta. It looks a lot like rice. It comes in various sizes, and cooks up quickly. This is a very flexible recipe that everyone loves. It is quick and delicious!

Orzo with Basil & Parmesan
Ingredients
2 c. Orzo
4 T. Butter
4 c. chicken broth
1 t. basil
1/2 c. parmesan cheese

Melt butter in large skillet. Saute orzo for 2 minutes. Add chicken broth and bring to boil. Cover, lower heat and simmer until liquid is absorbed (about 20 min). Stir in cheese. Serve and enjoy!

Variations
OBP 'n' Brats: boil 3 bratwurst in 3 c. water for 10 minutes. Grill for about 5 min. Cut into 1/3 inch slices and add to finished orzo.
OBP with Ham and Peas: add 1 c. cooked peas and 2 c. cubed ham to finished orzo.

1 comment:

Bend Oregon Restaurants said...

I love Orzo as well and it's insanely easy to make.